We are always working to make bedside knowledge more accessible and quickly available for clinicians and healthcare providers in emergency settings for free.
- Over the weekend our iOS app received a major update to fix many bugs and improve the appearance of content.
- The website has quick links to the critical care quick reference, antibiotic guide, journal club, and popular pages
- The forum is available for discussion anything Emergency Medicine and new EM job postings
- The newsletter provides monthly updates on educational topics and highlights learning resources on the internet
We keep all content free because were realize how important information and knowledge sharing is to daily clinical practice and because our users are our patrons and keep everything running.… Read more
The AAP has formally changed the name of ALTE to Brief Unexplained Event (BRUE). The definition has also been formalized with more specific criteria and suggestions to empower the clinician to base the diagnosis on their suspicion rather than relying only on the caregiver’s history.
BRUE is an event occurring in an infant <1 year of age when an observer reports a sudden, brief (<1 min), and now resolved episode of ≥1 of the following without explanation:
- Cyanosis or pallor
- Absent, decreased, or irregular breathing
- Marked change in tone (hyper- or hypotonia)
- Altered level of responsiveness
- Must have returned to baseline
Many non illicit drugs cross react with common drugs screened on the traditional urine drug screen.
- NSAIDs can cause false positive cannabinoid screens
- Sertraline can cause a benzo false positive
- Most benzodiazepine screens look for oxazepam which is a metabolite of diazepam and chlordiazepoxide. Therefore, lorazepam, alprazolam, and clonazepam are commonly missed.
EmCare® is seeking emergency medicine physicians for several sites in and around Houston. Come join the country’s most experienced, physician-led practice management company.
- Clear Lake Regional Medical Center (Webster, TX)
- Bayshore Medical Center (Pasadena, TX)
- East Houston Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Pearland Medical Center (Pearland, TX)
Known for its unique structure, EmCare® develops local practices, supports them with regionally-located clinical leadership and operational personnel, while providing them access to unprecedented national resources.
Contact Stacey Harris, EmCare® physician recruiter, at (214) 712-2477 or Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org